Posted by: Helpless | 2009-11-14

Dear dr. Bets, im suffering from severe emphysema and strugling to get diagnosed because of young age. No gp is taking me seriously. My appnt with pulmologist is only in 2 mths. Do we have any suport groups or lung rehab ctrs in sa? Is there a way i can get any help or treatment before this apointment? Have bn to er with heartpalpitations in the past, but they just gave sedatives wich made it worse. My arms are xtremely lame and swolen. Chronic Presure inside my head is growing every day, with daily fits, specialy after eating, still no one can help me, and i still have to go to work everyday feeling like this.

Your symptoms sound very serious and I strongly suggest that you get a referral to an internal specialist as soon as possible. What concerns me is the daily "fits". Do you experience a loss of conciousness with convulsions or how would you describe these fits?