Posted by: Andy | 2009-03-02

Convert brain knowledge to written words

My daughter struggles to write what she has learnt into the written form.
She enjoys reading both English and German books.
She is good in Maths and Science.
She is able to study and understands the work.

Could you please suggest exercises that would improve her ability to write down what she has learnt.

It's actually a bit more complex than suggesting exercises, other than practice at the thing she finds difficult, writing down a summary of a topic she has learned and read about --- it's about expressing oneself, and about organizing and distilling wjat one has read, into something someone else can enjoy reading and which would enable them to understand, too. Maybe if she imagined that, having read on a topic, she needs to write a letter to you explaining the topic. It may help for her to see an educational psychologist for testing and assessment, to clarify the nature of her difficulties, and then specific exercises could be devised epending on the results of those tests and assessment

Posted by: JC | 2009-03-03

I seem to have this same problem. Though I am not in school anymore but what my mind thinks I cannot put it into words and even writing it down can be a pain. Perhaps writers block. So all in all this leaves me a little misunderstood with some people.

Reply to JC