Question
Posted by: moe | 2010-04-28

CONTROL FREAK

Hi. I am making myself sick with the way I want things done. Everything must always be in perfect order and I write things down over and over. My table at work must always be neat. My mails may not be more than 5 then it must be opened and replied to. At home I fight with everyone if the make such a mess as it seems I am the only one that keeps things neat.

Is this a illness or what?

SO you have at least an obsessive personality, maybe the disorder OCD ? It sounds as if it is beginning to become a problem for you and for others. And the problem isn't one of merely being perfectionist, but of struggling to achieve perfection when your excessive demands on yourself ( sometimes on life in a broader sense, too ) aim towards an impossible perfection, so leaving you feeling dissatisfied or anguished even when things are pretty darn good.
It would be a good idea - in the interests of more efficient control and perfection - to see a consultant shrink for a proper assessment, and a discussion of treatment options.

1