Question
Posted by: Sunette | 2010/04/28

Contrceptives

Good day,

I wonder if you will be able to assist me, i don''t know what t do anymore, i have been on so many diffrent pills that i am giving up now because on every pill I have been i had some sort of complication and my dok just keep on changing me to a diffrent one.

I have been on melodene for a year, wich gave me very heavy menses for 8 days and longer with severe menstrual pain, then my dok changed me to minesse,I used that for about 3 months that gave me very sore and tender breasts and i suddenly got milk in my breasts and it was swollen so much that my bra''s berely fitted, then my dok put me on the 3 mont injection, wich made me gain a lot of weight i am talking like 5kg every month and i was on that for 9 months, then he changed me to femodene, and i have been on that for 7 months and had severe headaches everyday of my life, i usually woke up with the headache sometimes it will go away with painkillers sometimes that did not even work. now he changed me to triphashil and i have been using that since march so about 2 months now, and for the last 2 weeks I am nauseas every morning when i wake up, I never throw up but i am so nauseas that i cant think of food or even pack lunches then i want to throw up or sometimes it is even difficult to brush my teeth, I am not sure if this could be due to triphasil but have a feeling that it is that, I strongly doubt that i am pregnant as I had my periods from the 15th to 20th of April. I am 25yrs old and dont need all this.

Would it be a wise choice to get something like a copper T or is there something better out there that I can try. Before I started on the pill I had very irregular mensses and sometimes i did not come one month then when it did come the next month it was very heavy and had a lot of pain sometimes I would have gotten it for like 4 days and the next month for 8 days sometimes it will start and last for 2 days go away for 4 days then start again and go on for 6 days. Because of this irregular menses my dok decided to put me on the pill, so if i go for thr Copper T will my menses be like that again?

I thank you in advance for your reply

Hallo Sunette
You may do well on a Mirena IUD - it is a IUD impregnated with progesterone that only works locally in the womb, so you won't have the side effects from the hormones. It also makes your menstruations very light and a % of women don't even menstruate when using the Mirena. It is expensive and must be inserted by a gyne, but you can keep it in for 5 years.

3
Posted by: A | 2010/04/28

Hi. Triphasil, in my experience, is a very strong pill. Yes, Ithink I would go to a gynae. All the best.

Reply to A
Posted by: K | 2010/04/28

HEY TRY EVRA PATCH, WHICH IS MORE OF A HORMONE THEN OTHER PILLS OR GET A MIRENA. AND BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH A GYNO A GP ISNT SPECIALISED IN THIS FIELD. HOPE U COME RIGHT.

Reply to K
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/04/28

Hallo Sunette

Reply to cyberdoc