Question
Posted by: D | 2010/06/29

contractions/cramps - pregnancy

Hi, I am preganant and have been having really bad contractions/stomach cramps. it mostly happens when im stressed out or if my ex and i have a fight. The contractions/cramps start and sometimes last the whole night. It is very painful and I only end up sleeping at 4am. they just come at anytime. i got the cramps last night, it stopped for a while and then started again just now.
Is this normal during pregnancy and what can I do to avoid getting them?

Dear D
In late pregnancy ( after 5 months) one can get uterine contractions called Braxton Hicks contractions. However they are not usually so painful so I think you should rather see your doctor about this, so that they can check for underlying infections or other problems.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/29

Dear D
dr Bets