Question
Posted by: CONFUSED | 2009/11/23

CONTRACT WORKERS

I have been on contract for a large company for over 3 years. As a contractor my increase has averaged about R32.95 per month, no bonus, no medical aid, no pension etc. We are alienated inasmuch as management sends out emails that we are excluded from any year end functions or any other activities within the company. My concern is that my contract in the department where I have been for the past 2,5 years is not being renewed. I have heard that another contractor' s contract was not renewed and one of the manager' s son' s has been placed in his position. My manager has told me that he would like his daughter to come and work for him. Is this a legal labour practice?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Contract Workers

If your contract has not been renewed and you have an expectation of a renewal this could be challenged and you could approach the CCMA for an unfair dismissal claim. People are often successful on claims of this nature.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/11/27

re: Contract Workers

Reply to labour lawyer