Posted by: Unhappy | 2010-11-06

Contract with employer

After retiring I went to work for another place on a contrct basis. After a year they renewed my contract but on the same salary scale which I only realised afterwards but did not say anything. 4 mths ago when it came to renewing my contract again I asked for more money but they refused. I pay my own med. aid, don''t get a 13th cheque or bonus like the other staff, they also don''t have to pay anything towards union fees or pension so they r on a very good wicket with me. I have now been offered another job with more money but current employer wants to hold me to the contract. I tried explaining that I can''t live on a static income year after yeart as my monthly pension is also a static amount, but he will not see my pint of view. I have until Nov. 15th to accept the new job. What are my rights?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Contract with Employer

You don't have rights to a higher salary in a contract postion.

Posted by: Whena | 2010-11-08

you can resign giving the required period of notice

Reply to Whena