Question
Posted by: Nini | 2011/04/12

Contract / job description

Hi there, please tell me if I am over reacting here. I have been with the same company for 9 months, and since day 1 I have been begging HR for my contract. I have had many excuses, most of which are that the HR lady just does not have the time. I have now left that. Secondly, when I was initially hired I was told that I will help temporarily to catch up data for the last 5 years, and then after that is caught up, I will move over to another devision to do another job, which will become my position. Well now I have caught up all the data, and since then the data capturing has now become my monthly task, and I have to update the data on a monthly basis. I have not been trained for my new position, but am doing work for that department too. In between the data capturing and the other work, I am working on updating our company''s system and am being used as the Admin lady for that too. Over and above that, I am helping out with another department too, which will eventually lead to me travelling every Monday for that department. Nobody has discussed any job description with me, I am constantly working for different departments, and been given new tasks to do almost every week. Every now and then the tasks are a once off thing, but lately it seems as though if I manage to finish that task then it gets added to my monthly things to do. Is this a form of exploitation? Surely all these additional tasks should come with an increase of some sort, or at least be discussed with me beforehand to ensure that I am actually able to do all these things? I have unfinished work piling on up on my desk because I am constantly being told to leave what I''''m doing and work on other tasks, and so it goes. Each task I start remains unfinished because something new and more important comes up for me to do. Is this right???

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: contract / Job description

Unfortunately there is no right to have an actual job description and many employees are asked to do different tasks on a daily basis. this cannot be seen as exploitation.

There is no right to an icrease of any sort.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/04/18

re: contract / Job description

Reply to Labour Lawyer