Question
Posted by: John | 2010/05/11

Contract

Hi There, please advise. This year I''ve reached my retirement age, until recently I''ve been a contract employee thus no benefits just paid for the months worked. When on leave, no pay. I was informed that my services would no longer be required due to reaching my retirement age. At the beginning of this year though my contract for the year of 2010 was re-newed and signed by myself and a company representative. They say now it was a mistake? Could I dispute this?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: CONTRACT

A contract employee is entitled to benefits and you are certainly entitled to leave and sick leave. You can dispute it.

2
Posted by: Boetie | 2010/05/17

Sounds very much like breach of contract on the part of the co. U should have a copy of the contract + if signed by both parties it should be legally binding. Contract workers r also entitled to leave + if the co. refuses U paid leave then it amounts to unfair labour practice. Don''t let them get away with it.

Reply to Boetie
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/05/13

RE: CONTRACT

Reply to labour lawyer