Question
Posted by: Asking | 2008-11-03

Contraceptives for men.

I would like to know more about Contraceptives for men. We have two children (from another marriage) and my wife wanted the gynea to bind the ovaries. She is 27, but the gynea didn' t want to perfom the procedure as she is ' too young' . According to him it can only be done after she turned 30 or after our third child.

We don' t want more children as the risk being too high for a Downsyndrome child.

She cannot use the pill and we thouhgt that their might be something on the market for men.

Your best bet is to have a vasectomy. This is a relatively simple (done within an hour), relatively pain free (some discomfort and slight bruising) option where the man has the tubes leading from his testes to his urethra cut, thereby preventing sperm from entering the fluids when ejaculation takes place. This procedure is available free of charge (I think) at state clinics and most urologists also perform this minor procedure. You need to know that this does not lead to changes sexual response - you would not notice a change in sensation, your ejaculation would feel the same, you are as much of a 'man' as ever before, just no longer ejaculating sperm cells (well, after a few months - you need to make sure the tubes are clear before you stop using condoms).

1
Posted by: TT | 2008-11-03

Why dont u do a vasectomy?

Reply to TT