Question
Posted by: Nikita | 2010/10/07

contraceptives causing eczema??

Hi Doc. Been using Trigestrel for 1 month now (used Tri-phasil for 2 before that). Developed tiny pimples (rash-like) on one of my eye-lids about 2.5 weeks ago. Skin around it is flaky and dry in the mornings. Only started itching recently. Could it be the pill causing this? Never had acne or eczema problems b4.

Hi Nikita
I don't think it is the pill. It may be caused by make-up(eye shadow or mascara) It could also be an allergy to metal (i.e. a nickle ring when you touch your face) You may need a weak cortisone ointment to use on this but you will need to get a prescription from your doctor

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/11

Hi Nikita