Posted by: Betty | 2010-10-10

Contraceptives- breast size reduction?

Hi doc, I know some contraceptives are known to make ones breats bigger but mine have shrunk! My bust used to measure 86cm, now it''s 81cm. I''ve been on Mercilon for a few months and it''s been ok but this is a turn off. I haven''t lost weight nor have I gained. My weight fluctuates between 54-56kgs (the same as it''s been for years). Is there a different pill I can use? Execpt for Yasmin, Nordette and Triphasil (Yasmin made me dry and the other two gave me terrible pain).

Unfortunately, women respond vastly different to oral contraceptives. Contraceptives with a high estrogen content might increase the size of your breasts but it will also stimulate your apetite and you might gain weight.