Question
Posted by: Zinhle | 2011/07/04

Contraceptives

I want to use pills as a form of contraception. I tried Triphasil but they don''t make me feel good at all, i was using Microval cause i was breastfeeding i have stopped breastfeeding. Which ones do you recommend that wont stress the prescription from the doctor.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Z

The only one that WONT require a prescription is Microval and similar "mini-pills" - All other oestrogen containing oral contraceptives will require a prescription. There are may options apart from Triphasil e.g. Yasmin, Femodene, etc. These wil however, as you have stressed, require a visit to the doctor.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/07/05

Hi Z

Reply to pharmacist