Question
Posted by: sweet | 2011/05/12

Contraceptives

I''ve been on a pill, ginette and then dianne for treating acne. my acne has now improved and i want a baby. how long does it take for the pill to wear off and how soon can i fall pregnant. my periods are back and irregular so i dont exaclty know if im ovulating or not

After stopping the oral contraceptive, you can be ovulating after a month. If you are experiencing irregular periods, it is most likely that you are not ovulating. A normal menstrual cycle can take up to a year to normalise.

I do however, suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for a full examination, papsmear and ultrasound of the ovaries. This will clarify your concerns.