Question
Posted by: Madelene | 2010/01/22

Contraceptives

Could you please give me some more info on the loop as a contraceptive? Pros and Cons etc. My mom and sister in law both got pregnant while having the loop (long time ago! :)) and they also said that they' re periods where very heavy.

The copper IUCD tends to cause heavier , more painful periods, but does not have any of the hormonal side effects. There is also a higher infection risk if you are not in a monogamous relationship. The Mirena is more expensive, but decreases the amount of bleeding with periods, though irregular spotting can occur.

6
Posted by: winny | 2013/06/18

I am 26 years, mother of a four year old daughter and not planning on another kid anytime soon myb forever. I am considering having a loop as i trully hate taking pills or injections for that matter but my major concern is the side effects from what i hear it get loose along the way, experiencing more painful period pains ( i dont have p.pains at all). From someone who has done it, would you advice anyone to take that route or Doc's advice.

Reply to winny
Posted by: SIBONGILE | 2010/05/18

I WANT TO INSERT A LOOP BUT DO KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT,PLEASE FILL ME IN

Reply to SIBONGILE
Posted by: Just Wondering | 2010/05/04

My period is 7 days late. My last period was from 23/03/2010 to 27/03/2010. My husband and I slept together 22/03/2010 (day before my period) and 28 and 29/03/2010 (day and 2 days after my period). We try to be carefull. Either using a condomn or he will make sure that he does not ejaculate inside of me. I have a discharge, I am quite aggresive :), dull pain on the left ovary and I feel quite eekie in the mornings, not sick, just not well and I have a MASSIVE appetite. I also go the the bathroom more than I am used too, might be the cold weather also. Are these signs of pregnancy/cist? If this continues, when shoudl I do a pregnancy test?

Reply to Just Wondering
Posted by: Pebbles | 2010/01/25

I have a Mirena, which is also an IUD like the Loop, but more effective. It lasts for 5 years as well. I haven' t had a period in 2 years which is a definite bonus for me. The Mirena does have side effects for some women (as do all contraceptives), so I suggest you discuss it with your Doctor. The ebst part is that once it' s in you don' t even have to think about it. No daily pills to remember, or monthly injections or anything like that.

Reply to Pebbles

Posted by: Me | 2010/01/22

I got something else years ago, can’ t remember what it was called, but it was the same sort of thing than a loop. I got it replaced every 2-3 years and never ever got any problems. It worked for me. I couldn’ t use the pill because of breast cancer, so I stopped the pill and got that thing. If I remember the name of it, I shall come back again. A sister of mine got the loop too, and also never had problems.

Reply to Me