Question
Posted by: kate | 2009/11/12

contraceptives

I have been on the contraceptive pill for 6 years and am worried that if I discontinue use it will cause pigmentation on my face (due to servere changes in my hormones). My my mother did not have this problem but my cousins have experienced it. If I am prone to this, what is the best way to control my hormones in this transition and is there a way to aviod this pigmentation? Please help!

Pigmentation is more often associated with using the pill than stopping it. To avoid it , avoid the sun and wear a sunblock when you are outside.

1