Posted by: mel | 2009-08-14

hi doc,

thanx for the great forum i have only two questions for you hope you can assist me at putting my mind at ease.

1.) how effective is nordette birth control pills in an obese or over weight women? is there a higher failure rate if the women is obese or over weight

2.) is break thru bleeding weight related ie. if a women is over weight or obese the pill is not working therefore they get break thru bleeding.

thank you so much doc :)

1. The pill remains 99.99% safe if it is taken correctly.

2. Break through bleeding can be caused by a couple of things, for instance a low estrogen pill etc and I therefore, suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for a papsmear and an ultrasound.