Posted by: Makho | 2009-02-12

I desperately want to loose weight but I' m battling ,do you think i will not loose weight as long as i' m on contraceptives(triphasil tablets)

Please assist

Dear Makho
Some women do find that they struggle to lose weight when using hormonal contraceptives, while others do not. Discuss other forms of contraception with your dr. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

i' ve just stopped using Nordette and am looking at going on the 2-3 month injection. what are the side effects of this?