Our expert says:
1. It is hard to say what will happen if you stop the Pill. The only way to know is to stop and see. I must emphasise that with your history you are at high risk for stroke if you continue to use the Pill.
2. You will continue to have periods after a sterilisation. You would have to come off contraception to know if you will have headaches with your periods.
3. The Pill and patch have oestrogen and progesterone, whereas the Mirena has progesterone only, and most of it is only absorbed locally.
4. The Pill should not cause depression.
5. Yasmin should not cause wight gain.
6. As the progesterone in the Mirena is not absorbed into the circulation except in very small amounts, it should not influence your depression. It can be used by migraine sufferers.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.