Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010/06/26

Contraceptive question

Hi there, when asking my GP about going on the pill, he said that I must see him between my 2nd and 4th day of my next period and he will prescribe me the Pill. Am I not supposed to start with it the first day or is it a way to make sure that I am not pregnant when starting it. Really confused on which pill would be best to take - least side effects. I am in my late twenties.

There is no single Pill with the least side effects. Different Pills suit differnt people.You are right that you start with your period. It would be okay to start on the second day of your period.

1