Question
Posted by: CE | 2008/10/07

Contraceptive Question

Hi Doc,
Hope you can advise me in the right direction.
I stopped my pill (Yasmin) on the 2nd of July, fell pregnant on the 14th of July. Had a miscarriage 7w4d later. I have not started taking my pill again, because my system is still very mixed up and confused. Had a slight period at the end of September (very light and only for 3 days). Hubby and I do want to conceive, but we have now decided to wait 3 months before we try again (gynae also suggested the same).
I need to know what form of contraceptive would be suitable for me to use for the next 3 months, without containing hormones and besides using condoms. Is there something like a spermicide that can be used on its own without any funny gadgets needing to go with it.
Your assistance is highly appreciated.
Thanks doc,
CE.

Condoms are really your best option. Spermicides on their own do not work very well.