Posted by: MS | 2009-02-18

Contraceptive Problem

Please help - I have been on Triphasil since I was 16 years old am now 26 years old. I was put on to Triphasil immediatley following a course of Roacutane - had horrific acne. Since then I have not stopped taking Triphasil, no breaks etc that type of thing.
In the last year I picked up 30 kg' s! I weighed 60 Kg' s now 90! I am at a loss as my diet has not changed, I eat very healthily, am very active - spinning, swimming, horse riding etc and I have not been able to lose the weight. I have had my thyroid checked and a whole variety of other things and doctor' s say there is nothing worng that could be causing the rapid weight gain.
Is it possible that the pill could be causing this? I am at such a loss as to what to do next.
I am tempted to stop taking it and see what happens but I dont want to run the risk of falling pregnant even though we are using condoms.
Please please any advice would be appreciated at this stage.

I suggest that you contact a gynecologist/endocrinologist to seek expert professional advice. In combination with that the assistance of a Dietician could also be helpful. Contraceptive medication could contribute to weight gain, but I would suggest that you have a thorough medical check-up.

Posted by: JOE | 2009-02-19

Reply to JOE