Question
Posted by: nickim | 2011/03/19

contraceptive - pls advise

I have been on depo shot for 3yrs, then got a terrible rash on my legs, I then moved over to triphasil for 3yrs, I had severe depression while using that, the doctor prescribed Yaz, been on Yaz for 1yr and three months and am still suffering frm depression. What would be the best contraceptive to use? I would appreciate all advise. Thank u.

Nickim

Ask your doctor to place in an intrauterine contraceptive device. If it is well tolerated, you can stop the oral contraceptive and you will no longer suffer the side-effects of oral contraceptives.