Question
Posted by: LouZoo | 2008/10/06

Contraceptive options

I' ve recently been admitted to hospital with very mild artery spasm like symptoms. Numbness on the left side and visual disturbances followed by a mother of a migrain. They did a whole bunch of tests and concluded that its all hormone based and no anyrisms or neorological problems. I' ve had to kids and the youngest is 18 months with the eldest being just over 3yrs. I' ve been on the oral contraceptive Jasmin for the last 6 months. Before getting pregnant I was on NurIstrate for 16 years without any hicups. I only started suffering from migrains after getting pregnant with my first kiddie. I' m 30 yrs old and would like to have more kids later. What would you recogmend I try. I' m thinking about Mirena but not sure about the migrain side effect. your help is much appreciated :)

You should not use contraception which contains oestrogen. The Mirena would be an option.