Question
Posted by: MS | 2010-03-17

Contraceptive method

i have inserted a conceptatrive device ,never had sex for 8wks now and i i missed my periods ?

I'm not sure what device you used - if it is one with hormones being released then it may be that the change in hormones has changed your experience of the menstrual cycle. There are also other reasons for not having a period other than pregnancy - like stress or being very underweight. Why don't you contact your healthcare provider who inserted the contraceptive device and ask about this with him/her? Alternatively, post a question to the gynaecologist on the Health 24 expert forum - let her know what type of device it is and I'm sure she'll be able to advise you.

Claire - SASHA

2
Posted by: Lala | 2010-03-17

According to my knowledge these type of devices are supposed to take your periods away.

Reply to Lala
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-03-17

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist