Question
Posted by: Anon | 2012-04-04

contraceptive injection

Hi I have been having Depo since I had my last child who is now 13. I am now 45. When I had it on Sat the Sister said I cant have it much longer but didnt explain. Last year I took a break for a year and still had proper periods etc. is she worried about menopause, my age or what? Are there medical reasons at my age _ please clear it up for me as I am quite happy with it and have never had any problems.

You can continue with the injection but I do suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for a papsmear and ultrasound to rule any abnormalities out.