Question
Posted by: June | 2012/10/04

contraceptive

I have been using the Evra patch for the last 12 months, I have not had any side effects. Put on some weight but think that has more to do with eating way to much.
Anyway, For the last 4 months during every week of my period I feel like a burning light bulb, I have to put on dry cloths 3 times a night due to heavy sweating every night for that week en I feel hot flushes...I am 27.
I have also been getting my period every second week even on the patch for the last 3 months, it is tiring. Maybe Stress??
I was thinking of going of the patch for 2 months to get things working naturally and normally ( my skin is going to be mess ) but I know my gynae said I had low amounts of estrogen.

What is your thoughts on the above?

I am not sure why you are getting hot flushes and you definitely should not be having periods twice a month. I would suggest that you go back to your gynae for a check-up.

1