Question
Posted by: Help | 2010-08-10

Contraceptive

Dear Doc, I am 40 yrs, did a pap smear in Feb , I am using Nordette at the moment, Gynae perscribe Yasmin due to age reason and the monthly headache I get before my period. I got the Yas from the pharmacy last week Friday but not sure when to start using it as i am on my 2nd week of Nordette. i had my period from 29/07 to 01/08, if I use the Yas this coming Saturday as the 1st tab starts on a Saturday will it change my cycle or have any effects on me.

You should finish this pack of Nordette and then change to the Yaz. When you finish the red pills of the Nordette pack, carry on with the active pills of the Yaz. You should use extra precautions for two weeks during the changeover.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-14

Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-11

you must start ypur new pills with at the beginning of your cycle (1st day of menstruation)