Question
Posted by: storm | 2009-03-12

contraceptive

hello doc,

last thursday i started bleeding i am on triphasil for the past 3
months now i was taking my first yellow pill the day the bleeding started i have been expriencing break thru bleeding and spotting for the past 2 months but this month i was bleeding alot i noticed on saturday that i had a lump on breast i went to the doctor on monday and he said it was an abcess and gave me sum antibiotic to clear it up i do know that the anti biotic does cancel out the pill is that the reason why i started bleeding but i was bleeding before i can started with the anti biotics.

my doc gave me a script for nordette do you think i shud change my pill from triphasil to nordette because of the break thru bleeding? which pill is stronger between the two?
do you think its too early to switch to nordette its been 3 months the triphasil shud of adjusted to my system by now?

thank doc for your help

It sounds more like breakthrough bleeding than a result of the antibiotics. Perhaps wait another month before changing. Both Pills have similar hormone strengths but Triphasil has variations through\the month, hence the differnt colour pills.