Question
Posted by: alicia | 2009-05-20

contraception... whats my options and what the best?

Hey.. ladies could you pls help me out. what contraception is the best for me to take. Im 21 and have never taken anything before. i know you have to take the pill everyday and theres an injection you can take. But what happens if you miss one night..? and what abt if you get sick and have to take antibiotics ? doesnt that mess the whole reason of taking the pill in the first place. and which one has the least side-effects.

Hallo Alicia
What works best for you will depend on your family history ( heart disease, deep vein thrombosis, breast cancer), your medical examination ( weight, blood pressure, menstrual history) and your preference for pill, injection or intra uterine device. Please see a doctor for a thorough evaluation and discussions of options that will be best for you?

1
Posted by: Lisa | 2009-05-21

the best for me was the injection. its only every 3 months, and it works well and you dont even get your period. only problem is that i put on 15kgs from it. but everyone reacts differently to it. you might not pick up weight. but they do tell you that is one of the side effects.

Reply to Lisa