Posted by: Floaty | 2008-11-20

contraception query

Hi Doc, i have a question for you...

i was on triphasil for a year then got taken off it because i was getting worse cramps and my migranes seemed aggrovated. and my period was very heavy. Was put onto Nordette. the cramps got better but the migranes worse and i got very depressed and teary.
they' ve put me back onto triphasil - is there another option? i' ve thought about the injection but don' t really know if its such a good idea for me. - please advise.

the other question i have is i' m getting married in march and the way i' m going now i will have my period on my wedding day - how do i alter my cycle?

It is not ideal to use any of the Pills if you have migraines. The injection or the Mirena are options. Most women do not menstruate on these.

Posted by: tessa | 2008-11-21

Maybe you should try something like Yasmin? Nordette and triphasil are ' similar'  and very strong.

If you want to control your cycle u can take pill packets back to back and then you shouldnt bleed

Reply to tessa