Question
Posted by: Judith | 2009-12-17

CONTRACEPTION / PERIOD

I have been on the 3 month injection and stopped the beginning of the year as my local GP informed me that I needed to loose some weight to ease my " severe acid reflux"  which I' ve had since my pregnancy 4 &  a half years ago. I then went off the injection as it didn' t assist with the losing of weight and made me felt bloated and had constant cramps in my abdomen. At the beginning of October I then went back onto the injection and now for the past 2 weeks have been bleeding non stop. It started with just spotting and then went to a full on period, but it has been 2 weeks already. Is this something I should be worried about?

This is a common side effect of the injection. It usually settles after the second one.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-12-17