Question
Posted by: gorte | 2011/05/24

contraception implant

hi sorry I have no idea what is call but i have a contraception implant thing in me,,,,it is not a coil it is a plastic thing that are in ur upper arm it should be 5years but i still have it in me, I got it in the uk was there for 7years think they expired 09 somewhere cant find the card i got with it. i did in begining of 08 ask my stepsister to ask her gyno it i need to take it out and then i heard it is illgegal to put in sa. so like i said it is still there.
i dont like gyno so dont go as often as i want i got marreid last year and we only use condoms, cause i gain weight if i use the pill. but now we want to try to get pregnant do u think this thing in my arm is still active? i hav got an appointment for gyno but couldnt only got one for middle july....
so please can u help me? my husband thing we trying for nothing but it is already almost 2years when it should hav stopped

It may still be producing some level of hormone and you should therefore have it removed. It is hard to say whether or not it is still active enough to prevent pregnancy.

1