Posted by: worried | 2008-12-04

contraception costing marriage

hi doc

i am on the mirelle contraceptive pill, and its terrible affecting my libido. i can go for a month or two without even a desire for sex. i end up just having it for my husband' s sake and when we do, i feel nothing. i used to be on femodene and had to change to mirelle to see if the effects would change. the major problem is its making me have probs in my marriage, what husband would want a wife who doesnt want sex at all. im desperate, dont know what to do. besides libido change, the pills make me have headaches, and weight gain. please advise on other options, my doc said the pills that im on have the lowest hormone dose, im so desperate.

Hallo Worried
Consider using an Intra-uterine apparatus (IUD) like Mirena or copper T - this won't have an effect on your hormones, won't cause weight gain or headaches and may not affect your libido so much