Question
Posted by: Nicolette | 2008-11-09

Contraception at age 43 still necessary?

I have been celibate for the past 12 years, so I haven' t had a need to use contraception. Before that I used Depo Provera as a form of contraception.

I am now 43 years old and in a relationship. The topic of marriage has come up. I don' t plan to get pregnant and would like to ensure that this doesn' t happen. What contraceptive methods are still safe at my age? I don' t smoke and there is no history of breast cancer, strokes, or thrombosis in the family. My periods are still regular. Thirteen years ago I had a cone biopsy for a CIN 3 lesion.

Nicolette

Your options would be Depo provera, the Pill an IUCD or sterilisation.