Posted by: Lolly | 2012-07-23

Hi I have been recently diagnosed with hypertension and I am on chronic meds. I used to take the pill,trigestrel, but my physician says I shudn''t anymore as this will let my blood pressure go sky high again. What are my options? Please help

You could use the injectable or IUCD.

Posted by: Bakol | 2012-08-04

A $2,650 deductible? That alone would price most wornikg-class people out of an HSA.Except you only hit that once you expend your HSA account it''s basically an additional catastrophic plan on top of the HSA for emergencies. In this person''s case, he had an emergency, and he still ended up paying only slightly more than he would have had he gone with the HMO plan. That deductible is high, but that''s the maximum you''d pay in a year no matter what.It''s also works out to less than $2,650 because the amount spent up to the deductible can be taken off your taxes at the end of the year.The biggest problems with HSAs now is that they''re not portable and you typically don''t get to keep what money you have left at the end of the year. Fix that, and there would be little reason to go with a typical HMO.Of course, if someone wanted to keep an HMO-based plan, they could. The whole point is that individuals would have the choice to pick whatever plan they wanted free of interference from their employers.

Reply to Bakol
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-07-30

You could use the injectable or IUCD.

Posted by: Anon | 2012-07-23

No sex!