Question
Posted by: stopping yasmin | 2011/06/12

contraception

hi,
im 21 years old and have recently stopped taking Yasmin, its been only a couple of days since the last intake. i completed the whole pack before stopping. so now im experiencing my period again. how long will this persist?do i need to go back on the Pill?

thanks

When you stop the Pill, you will have a period. There is no need to go back on the Pill. It should stop in a few days.

2
Posted by: Anonymous | 2011/06/14

Hello, I been on the Mirena for a almost 2 years and my periods are still irregular. For the past few months I have been bleeding heavily at least twice in a month. I still spot and have very few days that I am not spotting or bleeding. I am now starting to feel the Mirena, my ovaries hurt at times and there are time I can feel the Mirena.

Should I remove it and use another form of contraceptive in the meantime.

Maybe I should mention that I have two children and am 36 years old. I have been going for regular gynea check ups and then the Mirena is checked. It is still in it''s position and I was told that some woman take a while before the Mirena settles and works the way it was designed.

I can''t believe that it can take up to two years or even longer. Before I know it, it will be 5 years and then I need to replace it.

Please give me the right advice as I am very frustrated and my body can''t take anymore. Thank you.