Posted by: Joss | 2009-04-06

My friend told me not to use the rhythem method as a contraceptive because the sperm can live for a long time inside of me and I will fall pregnant even if I don' t have intercourse.
How can this be true. I thought after sex whatever sperm does not catch the egg comes out when I go to the bathroom. Can sperm still be inside waiting to catch the egg?

Sperm can live in the vagina up to 5 days. Millions of sperm are released at any one time and thousands get into the vagina and stay there.

Posted by: lee | 2009-04-06

your friend is right. The rhythm method is totally unreliable. Sperm can live inside u for up to 7 days after intercourse.

Reply to lee