Question
Posted by: R | 2008/12/03

Contraception

I' m still breastfeeding my 8 month old baby and are on Microval. For just over a month now I' ve been bleeding. Just as I think it stopped it will start again. I don' t know if it will stop while I' m on Microval. Can I go and see a GP to change to another type of contraception or must I go to my gynae? The reason I' m asking is because my GP is open on Saturdays, and I can' t take time off from work to go to my gynae.

Dear R
You can see your GP - it may help if you take one Depo Provera injection - this sounds like a breakthrough bleed