Posted by: Baby | 2008-11-20

Hi Doctor.
I have a son (8 yrs old), and went on Mercilon for 5 years, and then changed to Yasmin. I have been on contraception uninterrupted since his birth, and have been off contraception for 2 years as I am trying to conceive. Nothing is happening. My gynae did a papsmear, all is fine. She did a hormone blood test, and all is perfect. She says she can' t see any reason for me NOT to fall pregnant.
How long does it take if one has been on the Pill for so long, to fall pregnant. I am timing my cycle days, ovulation date etc. Nothing.

The Pill is out of your system within 3 months. I would suggest that your partner has a sperm count checked and that you have your tubes checked.