Question
Posted by: YA | 2011/11/28

Contra indication of Mypaid Forte

I have had numerous Sinus ops to remove polyps as well as infection.
I have just read on a Mypaid Forte pamphlet that one of the contra indications of using it is that of Aspirin induced nasal polyps.
I have used dispiriin all my life for pain does it mean the aspirin content could have caused the polyps?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi YA

The warning relates to potential Aspirin sensitivity (since chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyposis often develops in aspirin-sensitive patients), or in this case cross-sensitivity to Ibuprofen).