Question
Posted by: Eve | 2009-05-12

Continuous bleeding with Nova T 380

I had the Nova T 380 inserted by my doctor 3 weeks ago. The insertion was very painful. I don’ t have any children. I have been bleeding since the insertion &  have mild cramps. The doctor said I should stay on the pill for the first 3months of having the IUD just to be safe. So, normally, I have “ started my period”  today &  the bleeding is very heavy. When I phoned him he said the bleeding is normal? Surely bleeding continuously for 23 days isn’ t normal? Should I get the device removed?

Thanking you in advance

The initial bleeding may have been related to the insertion of the IUCD. See how long this period lasts. They do tend to be heavier with the IUCD though. I would suggest that you give it a bit longer before considering removing the IUCD.

1
Posted by: Xxxxx | 2016-01-20

Hi I had nova t 380 inserted on November 18 it's been bleeding till now I am not feeling gud with this continue bleeding should I go removal or do I need to wait for some more period of time... Can u help me please...

Reply to Xxxxx