Posted by: worried | 2009-08-03

continuous bleeding

I have used Triphasil since I was 19yrs old, I am now 28 and I also use the pill because I get heavy cramps and bleed a lot during my period. Last month I have skipped two weeks and then taken the pill a few days before I was suppose to get my period. This month my cramps lasted for two weeks and for the first time bleeding for 12days now, which is not normal, I usually bleed for 6 days. Please advise on what it could be and how I can make my period stop. I am going to the gynae end of the month (for the first time) but need to know how I can stop the bleeding now. It " seems"  to stop during the day but during the night it starts again.

If you skipped two weeks of the Pill, this will have upset your cycle. The best thing to do is just to wait for the hormones to stabilise.

Posted by: worried | 2009-08-06

Thank you for your reply. Should I continue using the pill normally? I am almost due for my next period and still bleeding from my previous one.

Reply to worried