Posted by: Smriti | 2012-08-28

Continuous and severe headache for the last two weeks.

Hello sir,
I am a 13 year old girl who has been having severe and continuous headaches for the last 2 weeks.This headache started fourteen days back,and has not stopped ever since, it might slow down but it does not stop.And it is throbbing in nature.I have visited all doctors possible who are saying that there is nothing wrong with me but i know what I am going through and I am sure that something is wrong.
Basically the headache is on the forehead,but it keeps on shifting from the left to the right sides of my head.It takes place more often on the right side and is even more painful on the right side.
I have got all CT and MRI scans done but they were all fine.The doctors are telling me that there is nothing wrong with my brain and i might be having some sort of tension.But I myself know that i have not taken stress or tension over anything lately.
I am good student with good grades so there definitely is no reason to worry about my studies.I don''t think so that I have been taking stress over anything lately.But the doctors say I am (whereas i am not).
I am taking med''s nowadays but still there is no relief at all.The doctor says that it will take some time,but it has already been two weeks and ever since then I have not got even a molecule of relief,in fact the headache is getting bad to worse day by day.
And i would also like to tell you,that i have noticed my hands and feet to be icy cold throughout the day.I have not been getting any amount of sleep since the problem started,even after taking the sleeping pills prescribed by the doctor.I hardly sleep for two to three hours at night.
Due to this i don''t feel like eating food.I even get a metallic sensation in my mouth after having food.Just to bring to your notice,I was suffering from Colitis last year so I just wanted to know that could this headache be triggered by my previous medical history?
Please tell me what disease i am suffering through and how can i get rid of the continuous headache?

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Answer sent by e-mail due to the length of the letter.

Posted by: Amanda Wasserman | 2012-09-18

my husband has had very severe headache''s for the last seven months. doctors tried everything. he went for a Rezotamy, lumber punch hundreds of blood tests and a cat scan and no one can get to the source of his headache''s

Reply to Amanda Wasserman
Posted by: Headache expert | 2012-08-29

Reply to Headache expert