Question

continual sniffing

Hi Dr my son aged 12 doesnt stop sniffing. A few months back we saw a Dr as he had a few nosebleeds - the dr said that his nasal passages were very dry and the little vessels were bleeding. We had moved from KZN to JHB and he felt the dryness in jhb had a lot to do with it. He gave him a cream and it cleared up. But now a few months later he has started sniffing - he said he cant blow his nose - it just feels dry and like he needs to sniff!!! is there a spray or drops i can get. I am not sure what is actually wrong and starting to wonder if it is just a habit

Dear Anonymous
He may have a stuffy nose - try to give him an antihistamine like Loratidine 1 at night and get him some saline nose spray to use to moisturize his nose ( Clicks or your pharmacy should have)