Posted by: sam | 2012-11-13

continous eating

I am trying to follow a healthy diet to lose weight, without taking any pills or potions to help, but I am continously eating. I work from home, so the fridge and cupboards are always on hand. I try and eat my 3 meals and snacks in-between, but is still snacking. Is there any thing that you can recommend that I do, that can stop this from happening. I thought about buying an appetite suppresant, because this is becoming a real problem for me. Any advice will be appreciated.

Dear Sam
If you find it impossible to stop snacking (perhaps on high-fat foods?), then you may be using food as a crutch to get you through the day and/or to satisfy some underlying psychological need. Until you have conquered this constant eating you will probably not benefit from a diet or an appetite suppressant. It would be good if you could consult a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you) to evaluate if your bingeing has an underlying psychological component and to assist you to regain control of your life. The latter will enable you to then stick to a diet and an exercise schedule successfully.
I hope you can conquer this problem.

Posted by: Racoon | 2012-11-14

I am also a constant eater - Weigh Less will definatlety work for you! the portions are large and one eats at least 6 times a day. I have now lost 7.5 kg in the past 2 months with no effort! Its very difficult to change the snacking habit, so then rather choose an eating plan that accommodates it.

Reply to Racoon
Posted by: ME too | 2012-11-14

Hi Sam
I am in the same boat. I am not following a specific diet but am trying to eat healthy balanced meals making sure I eat all the food groups but I am also always snacking! They say to eat 6 small meals a day. I have tried the Herbex eat less booster and it kind of works but I still get that gnawing hunger sometimes... even if I''ve just eaten 2 hours ago.
My problem I think is closeley related to anxiety issues in that my body releases too much cortisol to prepare my body for an " emergency"  and the way to control that is by eating...
You should go and see a psychologist to talk about it and perhaps they can introduce CBT - cognitive behavioural therapy which helps you change your thought processes...

Reply to ME too