Question
Posted by: Lindsay | 2010/12/21

Continous bleeding after Coloscopy &  cotorization

I had abnormal cells that were picked up from my PapSmear. My gynae did heteroscopy, coloscopy and cotorization. From the biopsy it was dicovered that I have HPV. After the procedure I did not bleed but 8 days after that I started bleeding to date. My gynae gave antibiotics but still with no improvement. Im scared I could be having cancer. My gynae told me I need cotorization should the bleeding continue. I''m really scared. Could it really be cancer?

You should know from the biopsy result if it is cancer. After a procedure like this the raw area on the cervix can take a while to heal and this would cause bleeding. Cautery might help.

1