Question
Posted by: nono | 2010-07-14

Continous bleeding

I did IVF that seems to have worked for atleast 2 weeks and I started bleeding. The doctor said I should do blood test and told me I am miscarrying. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks now and my doctor can only see me on 20th. I need to know what can I do to stop the bleeding. I have accepted the miscariage even though it was hell especially after it came positive. Please advice.

Dear Nono

There is unfortunately not much one can do to stop the bleeding. The bleeding should not continue for more than 5-7 days and should it persist I would suggest that you contact your doctor again for an urgent appointment. It is not always necessary at this stage to have a DD+C (womb clean-up).

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

3
Posted by: Cruise | 2010-09-22

Nono, who is your Doctor. I hope it is not the one I think of.

Reply to Cruise
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-07-20

Dear Nono

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Amy | 2010-07-14

Your Doctor is an IDIOT. He should have given you progesterone treatment to prevent bleeding, and when you told him the first time that you were bleeding, he should have DONE something. Now he can only see you the 20th?? Bull sh*t.
What a rubbish doctor.

Reply to Amy