Question
Posted by: SAMIAM | 2010/10/18

Contact lenses

Hey Doc!

I have to wear glasses if I am driving or watching TV.

The problem is I don''t like wearing glasses but alas I cannot see very well without it ... is there contact lenses for my eye condition? When I got my glasses the doc said I should never wear it while working on my computer ... so do I have to take out my lenses every time I stare at a monitor?

Regards!

Dear Samiam
You have to have your eyes tested to see if your vision problem can be corrected with contact lenses (it depends on the curve of the eye) You are probably nearsighted – can see well nearby but not far. So you would not need to use glasses for reading or working on your computer. But you can wear either bifocal contact lenses or lenses to look far and correcting reading glasses for computer work.

3
Posted by: SAMIAM | 2010/10/19

Hmmm, thanks, I will check with the optometrist!

Reply to SAMIAM
Posted by: Sasha | 2010/10/19

I also only need to wear glasses in order to see more than a meter away. So I don''t need them while working on my computer however I now where contact lenses and I only take them out when I go to bed.

Reply to Sasha
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/19

Dear Samiam