Question
Posted by: charmaine | 2010/02/18

contact lenses

good day, i have a question about contact lenses, I have been wearing glasses from the age of 16, I want to switch to contact lenses, is it a better solution to my problem. I go every year for my eyes to be tested and every year it' s the same thing my eyesight is getting worse. The glasses I have now I can' t see through the one lens and they are scratched, so will it be better for me to get contact lenses, or should I go see my eye doctor for more info. Can u help me, Thanks charmaine.

Hallo Charmaine
I use soft contact lenses and it is wonderful! You can also these days get contact lenses if you have astigmatism, so your vision can be near perfect. Some people can't wear contacts due to the shape of the cornea but your optometrist will be able to tell you beforehand. The one VERY important rule is to clean and sterilize your lenses every day to prevent infection, and to take them out of your eyes at night, so that the cornea can "breathe" while you sleep.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/18

Hallo Charmaine
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc